Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Monday 11 August 2003 10:56, Emile van Bergen wrote:
> A more unix-like approach would therefore be to create a separate uid
> for each game, and use a wrapper for each game that's suid to the game's
> uid and executable only by gid games. This wrapper would, clean the
> environment and run the game, passing the uid of the invoking user as
> simple command line or environment information to the game. A "call
> gate" for games, so to speak.

A separate execution context, isn't it. I already thought about using an
emulator or UML (hi mdz), but it seems to be too hack-ish. Let's see...

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.
Linux-Info-Tag Dresden 2003: http://www.linux-dresden.de