/usr/games, FHS 2.2 (Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.)

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:33:59AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> > 	It is? OK, I am telling you /usr/bin/bar program in package
> >  foo really needs to be sgid. I'll document it in bar.6. Is this the
> >  end of discussion? Or are we going to really need to look at the code
> >  to see if the setgidness can be worked around?
>
> Hmm, package foo is buggy.  bar should be in /usr/games.

(mercilessly dragging this message back on-topic)

I've never understood the purpose of /usr/games.  It seems to be gone in FHS
2.2.

Speaking of which, are there any plans to review FHS 2.2 for inclusion in
Debian policy?

--
 - mdz