run-parts problem again

Way back when Russel Coker reported a problem with run-parts in woody
(message-id <200301030952.29103.russell@coker.com.au>, 3 Jan 2003). We've
been experiencing this problem quite regularly such that I've created a cron
job to automatically kick them along.

In any case, the above thread suggested the problem was fixed in
proposed-updates. Any ETA on that being merged with woody or should I grab
the file from p-u?