Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:20:40PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:15:26PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > it would be trivial to add lintian/linda warnings for this,
>
> There's already a warning for set[ug]id in Lintian.

Ah, ok.  But the point was that it will miss many cases.  For example, I've
never seen this warning in uml-utilities because it uses a
dynamically-allocated gid and so must use chmod in postinst rather than
setting permissions in the .deb.  If this could be done at build time rather
than at install time, the check would be perfect.

--
 - mdz