Opteron progress??

I was actually asked directly at work today what I thought was
going to happen to Red Hat and whether Debian supported the AMD64.

I've seen a couple of posts on this topic since about March.

Anybody care to sum up in words suitable for a suit how well
Debian supports AMD64 / when it will be ready to support AMD64

[I already know it runs on Alpha and ia64 and sparc ... but they're
perhalps looking to buy us some _different_ 64 bit chips :) ]

Andy