Re: changing architecture i386->any

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 01:57:14PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

One of my packages (cwdaemon) should now build on any architecture. Previously, it was a i386-only build and the build daemons would correctly ignore the package because the control file contains a line: 'Architecture: i386'.

I have changed it to: 'Architecture: any'. How do I instruct the build daemons to pick-up building again? Does it require human intervention?

See: http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=cwdaemon

I had same problem some days ago with camstream.

I sent a lot of emails, but I got very few constructive responses:
- I know it's not well documented, but it's the false address.
- The build daemon will built it automagically.
- ...

When I saw the last response, I waited a while (3 weeks), but the build daemons haven't tried to build the package.

Then, I contacted the person who filled the bug telling that camstream
is i386 only, who tell me that camstream was listed in the
Package-arch-specific file [1]. He removed it from this file (Thanks LaMont Jones!).

As you package is listed in this file, you have to find somebody to
remove it. Hint: this file is updated from CVS [2] every night, you
could look at the commits to find somebody to do that.

The last problem I have, is that actually the file which is updated is not directly Package-arch-specific, but tmp/Package-arch-specific (
have a look on auric on [3]). But I hope somebody will copy it soon...

Cheers,
Aurelien

[1] http://buildd.debian.org/quinn-diff/Packages-arch-specific
[2] http://cvs.debian.org/srcdep/Packages-arch-specific?cvsroot=dak
[3] auric:/org/buildd.debian.org/web/quinn-diff

Aurelien,

thanks for helping me out! I looks like I have to contact James Troup for this.

Regards,
Joop