Re: default MTA for sarge

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 01:42:40PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I had great trouble setting up exim3 correctly.  I switched to postfix
> today and after answering its debconf questions, it Just Worked.  That
> was a nice surprise.  :-)
>
> This makes me in favor of postfix as the default MTA.

I don't think that's particularly relevant, since nobody is suggesting
we use exim3 (with its eximconfig script) as the default in sarge.
sarge's exim will use debconf, and thus it should not present any more
of a challenge than postfix to set up.  Both MTAs will need to know the
same information at installation time, so basic configuration should be
essentially identical.  Beyond that, if you want something other than
the default, go for it.  The various MTAs in Debian are easily
interchangeable.

noah