Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Le ven 11/07/2003 à 08:49, Marcelo E. Magallon a écrit :

>  >    libhdf4 (#162608), orphaned 286 days ago
>  >      Reverse Depends: libhdf4g-run dx-dev h5utils tela dx libhdf4g-dev
>
>  Funny that h5 depends on this.  The fact that DX depends on this makes
>  it a bit more intesting though.

h5utils contains h4/h5 transition scripts that I can remove at any time
if hdf4 is to be removed.

>  >    snes9express (#174126), orphaned 199 days ago
>
>  Not into Nintendos anymore, uh?

There is gsnes9x in the archive which can do the same stuff.

>  >    svgalib (#173471), orphaned 205 days ago
>  >      Reverse Depends: snes9x-svga yh sabre lockvc atari800 cthugha
>  >      libggimisc2 uae-suid libsdl1.2debian-all apple2 spectemu-svga
>  >      crystalspace xsabre thrust svgalib1-altdev svgalib1 zgv freecraft
>  >      lirc-svga xpcd-svga bmv xaos synaesthesia dvisvga quake2 xmame-svga
>  >      svgalib-bin chdrv gnuboy-svga abuse lxdoom-svga lincity-svga lcdproc
>  >      povray fceu-svga qcam vgacardgames ohphone vlc-plugin-svgalib
>  >      zblast-svgalib svncviewer acidwarp liballegro4a-plugin-svgalib
>  >      razzle vgagamespack xmame-fx luxman svgalibg1-dev
>  >      libggi-target-svgalib
>
>  Of all those people, someone surely has an interest in this.  Or
>  perhaps it's time to just drop this crash-inducing security-scary
>  package?

Furthermore, most of these packages would work without svgalib.

>  >    videogen (#122708), orphaned 581 days ago
>  >      parameters
>
>  Come, fry your old VGA monitor! :-)

This one is really useful, and doesn't fry anything if you read the
manual carefully.
Problem is, you use it once and it is over. That's probably why nobody
stepped up to maintain it.