Re: default MTA for sarge

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@hezmatt.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:49:11PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
[...]
>> why not:

>> c) replace exim with postfix?

> Because exim is relatively simple to configure, has all it's config in one
> place, and has a (largely) human-comprehendable configuration.  Postfix, the
> few times I've used it, appeared to have none of these things.

Iirc Postfix is nicely debconfized and the conffiles (three?) are
quite readable.

At least I managed to set up a postifix-tls in a chroot that listens
on an alternative port and just forwards all mail to port 25 on the
same (tricky!) machine in less than an hour and I don't know postfix.
        cu andreas
PS: http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/mtas