Re: Package removals and the BTS

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 07:34:47PM -0400, Lukas Geyer wrote:
[...]
> However, for other people browsing the BTS, and for orphaned
> packages, it would be much nicer if there was a bug filed against the
> package itself, or some remark on bugs.debian.org/package that its
> removal is requested. There could be several ways to achieve this.
[...]
> - The QA pages are made aware of this. This would probably require
>   some standardized subject line like the bugs against wnpp have. One
>   possibility would just be RFR (request for removal), maybe with some
>   tags indicating which distribution would be affected. I like this
>   solution but one disadvantage is that a request for removal of N
>   packages would require filing N bugs. This would make things like
>   #198449 a little more inconvenient.
>
> Probably there are other possibilities which I might have missed. The
> first question is, would other people find this useful?

I would find this quite useful and I like the third solution, copied
above, best. Just a bug title like
  RFR: agsatellite -- pointless since audiogallaxy is effectively dead
would help. I wouldn't consider tags neccesary - it would be enough if
you can easily see on the PTS that some version of the package is
threatened with removal and you can then always read the actual bug
report. If people want, I'll implement this for the PTS.

Peter