trouble debugging a bug on m68k

im wondering if anyone can help me with bug #196563. the bug says that
xmllint is segfaulting on m68k. the reporter can reproduce the segfault.

i asked him for a backtrace, but gdb segfaulted. he was able to provide
strace output however. it seems that the bug manifests before the
program's main() ever gets called, which makes me think that there is
something wrong with glibc's startup code or maybe even the dynamic

i know that this is not a bug in xmlto, so i am wondering where to
reassign it. is this a bug in glibc? or maybe gcc?

thanks for the help.