Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> So be it.  The Social Contract and the traditions of our project
> compel us to make principled decisions, not politically expedient
> ones.

Not correct.  Look at the handling of security issues.  The project
has chosen (never formally, though) that it will sacrifice one of its
core values to increase short-term user convenience.

There is always some room for interpretation, and often a certain
political motivation behind interpretation.

BTW, has anybody tried to clarify what "for the purpose of developing
Internet standards" means?  Is it possible to publish an Internet
Draft formally aiming at an Informational RFC which is based on an RFC
with such a copyright notice?