Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:54:17PM -0500, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 14:53, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 02:34:56PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >
> > | The Debian Social Contract says "Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software".
> > | If there are things "in Debian" that are "not free" or "not software",
> > | then we may be violation of our guiding principles.
> >
> > The anarchism package is an excellent example of a package in Debian
> > main that, although DFSG-free, is neither software nor software
> > documentation.
>
> How do you show it's not software? How does it differ from software?

Most of us don't bother, this is just the standard response to
"documentation isn't software so doesn't have to follow the DFSG". If
you want to call it software, that's fine; we know what to do with
software.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK