Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:46:36AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> How about linuxgazette?

Junk, which is only barely excused because it's free.

> Or any of the /usr/local/doc/ non-software based packages?

No packages in Debian have files in /usr/local/doc. Doing so would be
an RC bug.

> Prehaps a section apart from main/non-free/non-US could be useful, as a
> document such as those above don't really fit into those categories, if
> you take them to mean "free software"/"restrictive licence
> software"/"not for US software", which thought of by quite a few users.

It's called your local library.

I still haven't seen anybody come up with an actual reason why stuff
like this should be shipped as part of Debian, other than "it
exists". Intrinsic value is not a reason; there are many valuable
things that are not packaged. Including a wide range of commercial
software.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK