Re: Debconf or not debconf : Conclusion

Julien LEMOINE wrote:
> Finally, since there is not really a policy about when to use debconf

It's a pity you ignore the express wishes of the author, and the consensus
on this list as to their use.

>  * To set up stunnel for server use, read the
>    /usr/share/doc/stunnel/README.Debian file.

If I ever add filtering to the notes debconf allows to be displayed,
notes that refer the user to README.Debian will be at the top of the
list to never be displayed.

Of course, I am much more likely to bow to the pressure of notes like
the one you're apparently adding, and completly disable all notes at
some point, rather than adding filtering. I don't like arms races.

--
see shy jo