Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:14:49PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >       software
> >            n : (computer science) written programs or procedures or
> >                rules and associated documentation pertaining to the
> >                operation of a computer system and that are stored in
> >                read/write memory [...]
>
> So if you print out a program, it is no longer considered software?

I'd say not, it's a written document of a program. You can't very well
run a piece of paper, can you?  :P

> Or if you burn it to cd or dvd?

When the program is run, it gets put in read/write memory.

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li 8DEC67C5