Debian XML Catalogs (was Re: OASIS Membership: was ...)

Quoting Jochen Voss <jvoss2@web.de>:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:13:18PM -0400, mark@dulug.duke.edu wrote:
> > Also, the Debian implementation of XML
> > catalogs will very likely be included as one example in the OASIS
> > implementation guide for XML Catalogs. So we _are_ making a difference.
>
> This is interesting.  But is there actually such a thing like a
> "Debian implementation of XML catalogs".  I was under the impression
> that packages like docbook-xml[1] and scrollkeeper[2] prefer to not
> register their xml files at the moment and that there are currently
> no working xml catalogs on Debian systems.

You're quite right. Ardo & I (with helpful input from Adam DiCarlo) have been
working on the policy and the infrastructure packages for the last few months.

I have the first policy draft complete, but due to the fact that I'm in the
process of relocating and job-hunting (and am using someone else's floppy-free
Mac to do webmail) I don't presently have the time or the means to check-in or
upload any files.

Early next week Ardo & I should have both of our relative stuff ready and
uploaded. At that time I'll post an announcement to debian-devel.

Cheers,
Mark