Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

"Marco d'Itri" <md@Linux.IT> writes:

> On Jul 03, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
>
>  >I believe this whole case of RFC standards are not confirming to The
>  >Debian Free Software Guidelines display a complete lack of
>  >understanding of the value of standards, and should be rejected.
>  >Standards are not software, nor software manuals, and should not be
>  >treated as such.
> I fully agree. Banning RFCs from debian is just silly.

Wait, we're thinking about banning most of the GNU documentation too,
since it's GFDL'ed (the libc, emacs, and gdb manuals for example), or
putting it under non-free.

I like this DFDG idea (Debian Free Documentation Guidelines) :-)...

Phil.