Re: Debconf or not debconf

Jim Penny wrote:
> Now, this breakage happens to be somewhat benign, in that without
> configuration, it does not function at all. But it is also somewhat
> difficult to test for many uses.  Further,  when the unconfigured
> system fails to start, the failure is completely silent. This adds
> to the problems.
What is difficult to test in ssl connections fail? I routinely test mine with
telnet-ssl or python scripts (though I remember something about python and IMAP
SSL not too long ago)...
Also, the silentness would IMHO be better fixed by adding a big fat NOT to the
init script (although anything more than a NOT will be controversial as
well...). Reminds me of something I should fix for my packages...

Cheers

T.