Re: ximiam connector

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:27:36PM -0600, Thomas E. Vaughan wrote:

> Is there anyone else out there trying to run Connector on
> Debian (sid)?
>
> Although Ximian strongly discourages a direct download of
> Connector (because Ximian urges the use of Red Carpet), the
> binaries are available at
> <http://www.ximian.com/products/connector/download/connector.html>.

> I've tried alien on a couple of the packages, but so far, no
> good.

I have it working, but at the moment it is a bit difficult.  The idea
is that you can add
deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian woody main
to your sources.list and then you can install red-carpet.  red-carpet
looks at the /etc/issue file to figure out which distro you have.  I
changed my issue to be:

Debian GNU/\s 3.0 \n \l

so it thought I was still running stable.  With red-carpet you can
then download all the rest (evolution, connector, etc.)

However at the moment red-carpet doesn't seem to work.  Also the
sources line above doesn't seem to work either.  The line:
deb http://trumpetti.atm.tut.fi/ximian/debian woody main
but that doesn't get you the connector.

Fortunately red-carpet has an on-disk cache so I still have the debian
packages. (or I'd be in trouble).

Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: j.t.mintha@uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919