Re: How to Avoid GPL Issue

G. C. wrote:
Is there any approach that we can avoid publicizing the third party code while porting to Linux? Do we need to write some shim layer code in Linux kernel to interface the third party code? How can we do that? Is there any document or samples?

In general, this is not possible. It is also intentional: One primary
goal of the GPL is to require derived work to be published, so it would
be quite unfortunate if you could work around this with dirty tricks.

The only way to avoid publishing the source is to avoid distributing
the binary. You only have to offer the source whoever you provide the
binaries.

Regards,
Martin