Re: versions of -dev packages

"Nikita V. Youshchenko" <yoush@cs.msu.su> writes:

> Here is a script that finds different versions of installed binary packages
> with the same source package name.
>
> Running this script on some of my systems gave me lots of interesting
> information ...

Indeed it seems to be finding me lots of packages like these:

bash-2.05b# dpkg -L xserver-svga
Package `xserver-svga' does not contain any files (!)
bash-2.05b# dpkg -L guile1.3
Package `guile1.3' does not contain any files (!)
bash-2.05b# dpkg -L libperl5.6
Package `libperl5.6' does not contain any files (!)

I thought when a package's last file was replaced the package was marked
purged. These are all marked "rc", ie, indicating that config files are
present.

--
greg