Re: CGI:IRC on Debian

Em Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:53:18 -0400, David B Harris <david@eelf.ddts.net> escreveu:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:02:39 +0200
> Vincent Zweije <zweije@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Dodging with symlinks is not really a solution, as all the files will
> > actually still be in the wrong places.
>
> I believe he meant installing them to the proper locations, and then
> making symlinks from there to the "big directory" which is probably in
> /var/www. Thus, the files wouldn't actually be in the wrong places.
>
> I agree however, in that it's an unpleasant workaround.
>
> As for my own suggestion, I would say - fix the package. The diff.gz
> exists for a reason. If you're incapable of fixing it, find somebody who
> can (and hopefully get them to show you how they did it).

Additionally, try to make those modifications as compatible with
the upstream's policies and code style as possible, as this
is going to increase the possibility of he taking the patch.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>