Re: Proposal: removing libc5, altgcc and all their old-days dependencies

"Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> writes:

> Someone could already know this amazing bug:

I've seen this before; it seems that sometimes when the package is
built from source, the resulting library is missing some symbols for
some reason.  AFAICT, this happens completely at random (i.e. if I use
pbuilder twice on the package, it might be broken one time and fine
the next).

> IMO it's a good moment to drop all the following i386-specific packages
> which are libc5 related:

I agree, especially considering that ldso can't be built from source
because of bug #168592.
--
Daniel Schepler              "Please don't disillusion me.  I
schepler@math.berkeley.edu    haven't had breakfast yet."