Re: Fun with python-apt

On Saturday, Jun 14, 2003, at 19:17 US/Eastern, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

This was before woody released, before there was
any kind of C++ ABI transition plan, before there was even a g++-3.2 in the archive. Surely you aren't suggesting that last year's build-dependencies
should have anticipated this year's compiler ABI change.

Well, we all knew the ABI was changing long before that, actually. Remember the RedHat GCC 2.96 mess? We knew that GCC 3.0 would have a different ABI.

Now, we know there will be another ABI change. We should plan for it.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-01/msg01763.html