Re: apache2 and php4

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 03:46:08PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Sorry if this is off-topic or a FAQ...
>
> What is the status of Apache2 with PHP4 support in Debian?
>
> So far I have got a variety of different answers from "php4 doesn't work
> with apache2, it is an upstream issue" through to "php4 works fine with
> apache2 on my non-Debian system".

From the php website:
  Dont use php and apache2 in a production system

Also the apache2 in debian is compiled without the apxs, and (i think)
the php4 is compiled wit any thread support (nor the roxen or the ZTS
module) so is imposible to work with it.

If you compile from sources in your debian machine it's going to work,
but use at your own risk

Best regards

--
Celso González