[ITP] i810switch -- Enables/disables video output to CRT/LCD on i810 video

Package name    : wnpp
Version         : N/A; reported 2003-06-14
Severity	: wishlist

* Package Name	: i810switch
  Version	: 0.2
  Upstream Author : Antonino Daplas <adaplas*AT*pol.net>
* URL             : http://www.pm.waw.pl/~jslupski/vaio/
* License         : GPL
  Description     : Enables/disables video output to CRT/LCD on i810 video
		  hardware

 i810switch enables/disables the output to the CRT display and LCD,
 depending on the i810 graphics controller hardware. Such hardware is
 found on some laptops (eg, Sony Vaios, etc).

 This package includes the i810rotate script, which toggles the
 output between three states: LCD only, LCD + CRT, and CRT only.

This package is only i386, because I don't think the Intel i810 chipset
is used anywhere else other than ia32 PC laptops.  I have consent from
the current upstream maintainer Ken Mano <mano%AT%ac3.mopera.ne.jp> to
package this.

This script works on my Sony Vaio PCGR505CT for changign the video mode,
which otherwise doesn't switch unless external video is plugged in at
boot time with 2.4 kernels.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux voyager 2.4.20-3-686 #1 Sat Jun 7 22:34:55 EST 2003 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C