Re: texmf.cnf again

Hello,

I do not want to interfere with this longstanding thread,
but it had come to my attention that kpathsea has a feature
close to 2-way merging:

from texmf.cnf:

% Earlier entries (in the same or another file) override later ones, and
% an environment variable foo overrides any texmf.cnf definition of foo.

So why not let /etc/texmf.cnf stand (and default to not present),
let update-texmf build /var/lib/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf (as it does
currently) and then set the TEXMF search path to
'/etc/texmf.cnf;/var/lib/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf'.

1) User change to /etc/texmf.cnf will be preserved.
2) debconf can propose to delete this if present.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.