Re: gcc and/or s390 help needed for package

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 04:19:06PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Saturday 14 June 2003 10:54, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 08:28:55AM +0100, Stephen Quinney wrote:
> > > I uploaded one of my packages yesterday (libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl)
> > > and it built on every architecture except s390 where I got an error, a
> > > snippet of which is:
> > FWIW, the mpqc build fails with the same error:
>
> I've just tried building mpqc on the s390 build server in another chroot,
> works fine there. However, I was using gcc-3.2.3-4, while the
> buildd still has gcc-3.2.3-1.

Shouldn't the buildds default to gcc-3.3 by now? I was about to write a
mail to debian-s390 in order to ask whether gcc-3.2 or gcc-3.3 was
installed when I noticed the buildd retried mpqc on June 10th. I then
figured it probably used gcc-3.3.

> Gerhard, maybe you should update the buildd environment. Updating
> the source package to use gcc-3.3 will probably solve the build problem
> as well and sounds like a good idea anyway.

mpqc did build fine on s390/gcc-3.2 in the past, so this looked like a
regression to me. As its quite a big package to build, I tried to avoid
reuploading mpqc only to force gcc-3.3.

Michael