Re: Every spam is sacred

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:00:01 +1000, Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> said:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:04, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>> Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> a tapoté :
>> >
>> > I think it's more like economic sanctions.  No-one changes ISP
>> > out of fear, they do so out of a practical desire to get their
>> > mail delivered.  Just as governments sometimes change their
>> > policy out of a practical desire to get their products exported
>> > when they face sanctions.
>>
>> Economic sanctions can be terrorism.

> No they can't.  The definitions given by "dict terrorism" refer to
> violence and terror.

> Refusing to do business with someone is not a violent act.

	Refusing to provide sustenance to someone if you are the only
 one to do so, and causing them harm, can be a heinous act. By
 filtering mail meant to go to list subscribers, you are preventing
 other people from doing business with the originator.

	Like embargoes.

	Children die in embargoes.

	Now that I have made the gratituous emotionally charges
 remark, let me state that I would object to filtering email about my
 packages as part of collateral damage so gleefully embraced by some
 RBL's

	manoj
--
alta, v: To change; make or become different; modify. ansa, v: A
spoken or written reply, as to a question. baa, n: A place people meet