Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proof SSD voting methods GR

On Jun 11, Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) wrote:
 > On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 06:59:29AM -0400, Neil Roeth wrote:
 > > Your comments in conjunction with the snippets from the Constitution that you
 > > posted a couple of days ago lead to a reasonable and obvious interpretation.
 > > Do you, or do you not think we should run the vote as you described there?
 >
 > I really don't care; getting overly bothered by process isn't the
 > way to get things done.

In general, I agree, but I think there is a point beyond which the time wasted
by not following a process exceeds the time spent following the process.

 > (you'll note how both Richard and Manoj, who were both around when
 > the constitution's GR procedure was drafted, and have stayed active
 > in the project since then, both managed to miss the "clear and obvious
 > interpretation" of how to run a GR)

And Manoj agreed that the ballot is flawed, so apparently it's clear on a
second reading.  :-)

--
Neil Roeth