Re: What's wrong with openldap2? (Getting it into testing)

* Nathanael Nerode (neroden@twcny.rr.com) wrote:
> >We are currently 4 persons working on it but any help is greatly
> >appreciated :)
> I'll take a look at the two remaining ones, since they seem like scripting
> issues, which I might be able to do something with, as opposed to deep ldap
> issues, which I would be mystified by. :-)

Steve Langasek is actually already working on them from my understanding
so before you go too far with that you should probably talk to him to
avoid duplicating work.  A bigger and more time consuming issue is that
OpenLDAP needs to be made to work with GNU TLS to avoid license issues
w/ OpenSSL.  I've begun looking into this but I'm no SSL expert much
less familiar with both OpenSSL and GNU TLS.

If you or anyone else out there is familiar with both OpenSSL and GNU
TLS and is interested in working on it please let me know.  Upstream
has implied that they'd be happy to incorporate a clean patch which adds
GNU TLS support.

	Stephen