Re: What's wrong with openldap2? (Getting it into testing)

Hi Nathanael,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:34:46AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I notice that bugs in slapd/openldap2 are holding up the migration of an
> awful lot of things into testing, including KDE.  (Although I don't know why;
> I have KDE installed without slapd.)

Probably KDE depends on libldap2 directly or indirectly.

> Kdebase and kdelibs have a few RC bugs right now, but it looks likely that
> they'll be fixed quite soon. Meanwhile, slapd has no less than *nine* RC
> bugs, one of which has been open for *224* days, and two of which have
> patches outstanding.

Actually a new release of the openldap2 packages was installed into sid
today. Not sure why the bugs closed with that upload are still open,
perhaps the bts is not currently working?

> Anything we can do to help hurry the fixing and closing of these bugs?  (Or
> have the people in charge of the testing scripts perhaps already decided that
> these bugs Will Not Delay the migration of the bazillion other packages
> currently waiting for it?)

We are currently 4 persons working on it but any help is greatly
appreciated :)

Greetings

	Torsten