Re: Packaging very large i18n material

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> a tapoté :

> Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> wrote:
> > 2) Build 37 different koffice-i18n-lang binary packages (like kde-i18n).
> >
> > This is bad because we add another 37 binary packages to the archives.
> > This is also not a solution that generalises since if we did this
> > for every package in the archive that provides i18n files our package
> > list would get completely out of hand.
>
> I think this is the way to go. If this is done using a common naming
> scheme, aptitude or dselect could hide all the localisation packages
> and ask for the language to be used when selecting the binary package.

Hum, it should be kept in mind that on some computer, several i18n are
frequently used.
It's bad to assume that the root preferences are fine for all users.

So aptitude or dselect should, indeed, directly automatically select
appropriate i18n packages, but hiding others ones is more
questionable.

Bye,

--
Mathieu Roy