Re: ld.so and LD_PRELOAD

On Monday, Jun 9, 2003, at 07:22 US/Eastern, Russell Coker wrote:
Yes. If you add extra services without adequate consideration then you can get yourself into trouble. But I don't think this is a valid criticism of SE
Linux.

It's not a criticism of SE Linux. Originally, it was just a reminder to people that SE Linux changes the security tradeoff, and that if the calculation turns out to be wrong, your box is less secure than it otherwise would of been.

IOW, in theory SE Linux can make a box no less secure. In practice, people not behaving with due caution (due to them relying on SE Linux too much) can.

That's true of any security product, of course.

(*) I guess this will reveal whether my parents do google searches on me,
they haven't heard of what almost happened to their car.  ;)

LOL.