Re: Gaim-Encryption plugin violates Gaim's license#

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 03:08:41PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> It's my personal feeling that attempts to use the GPL as a click-through
> EULA are sufficiently heinous that they merit editing the local source
> to suppress the license's display, thus removing the need to agree to
> the license before using the software.

/me stands up and shouts, "Amen!"

Copyright licenses logically cannot restrict activities not reserved to
the copyright holder under copyright law.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         Ab abusu ad usum non valet