Re: booting a debootstraped filesystem?

Henning Moll <newsScott@gmx.de> wrote:
> I used a debootstraped/chrooted sarge filesystem to build a
> binary-deb package, which i also installed there (also under
> chroot). Now i want test(execute) that package. For that purpose i
> think of booting that filesystem.

Isn't enough for you to run sshd in the chroot amd login with it?

> I know how to use debootstrap/chroot to setup a debian system on
> _another_ partition. But how to go if root of the debootstraped file
> hirachy is not the root of the partitions filesystem?

> Any suggestions?

The only thing that comes to my mind is using an initrd and doing the
mount && chroot from there. I cannot give any details, this is just an
idea.
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_