Re: Unresolved symbols when building kernel modules with make-kpkg, worked fine before

Hi all,

Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:
Since about a week (maybe a bit longer), I can't build working kernel modules anymore. An example is lm-sensors (using lm-sensors-src) and the CVS snapshots of the DRI stuff (packages made by Michel Daenzer).

I'm running testing, and update/dist-upgrade almost every day. The above packages were built using gcc-2.95, since the kernel I'm running (the precompiled kernel image of package kernel-image-2.4.20-1-k7) is compiled with 2.95.

I still don't know what the problem was. But I just got a new kernel-image (2.4.20-3-k7), which was compiled with gcc 3.2. Now the selfbuilt kernel modules load fine into my kernel (even though I'm running gcc 3.3)!

Again, I have no idea what the problem was... (it seemed that the name mangling was just a little bit different or so). And I didn't get any useful reactions either... (Thanks for trying though!)

Best regards,

Manuel Bilderbeek