Re: Debian menu system update

On Sunday 01 June 2003 20:02, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> It is related. Heck, this specification even gives in the example the
> Icon as .png-file. While using .xpm-only for menus is really
> long-lasting standard, with no reason to stop this...

One day, SVG icons might be used, so there has to be some kind of flexibility.
It would be nice to work towards collaboration with freedesktop.org, probably
a fallback mechanism can be implemented.
I personally do not want to restrict myself to 214 ugly colours, and others do
not want to use scalable icons. With only one of both implementations, it
will never be possible to make everyone happy.

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.