Re: Managing package sources with subversion?

"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> writes:

>  I was looking for some pointers about managing package sources with
>  subversion.  I've got a grasp of the basics and I have looked at a
>  couple of examples (most notably Branden's SVN repository for the
>  XFree86 packages).  My main concern right now is migrating an
>  _existing_ CVS repository which is being managed with cvs-buildpackage
>  to SVN, but I'd appreciate other tips.

Well, there is the cvs2svn script in subversion-tools for migrating
repositories, and there used to be svn-buildpackage and svn-inject
scripts, but those were removed a couple months ago because they were
out-of-date.

I use subversion for some things, but I haven't moved my Debian
package repositories over yet because I've just had too many problems
with subversion.  It's just not stable enough yet, IMO.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.