Re: Maintaining kernel source in sarge

Sven wrote:
> Why don't we use a scheme similar to what xfree86 use for its patches.
> Sure we would need to adapt it as the patches are distributed, but we
> could well do it.

As I understand it, the xfree86 package uses (some derivative of) dbs,
in which the package maintainer has to order the patches by hand,
instead of declaring explicit dependencies (much like sysvinit and
others do, and like the patch-ordering facility in make-kpkg).

If the above is correct, I'd see that as a step backwards.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: