LDAP adduser/deluser

I have written code (in Perl) that replicates much of the behaviour of
adduser and deluser (down to command-line switch compatibility), but
modifies user information in a LDAP database instead of flat files
like /etc/passwd.

It's nowhere near complete (it is missing most notably group handling,
system account handling, documentation, config file parsing, and
sanity checking on option combinations), but the portions that
actually add and delete users are finished and in some cases actually
work better than the original adduser, so I'm contemplating making it
public as it is and inviting patches.  I could make an entirely
separate package out of it (ldapusertools, or some such), but I
thought I'd ask here first if the project would rather have me work
with either the adduser or ldap-utils folks to merge these scripts
into those packages instead.  I'm licensing it under the GPL (version
2 exactly), so the license would have to be noted separately for those
scripts in either package if that's the case.

If there is interest in seeing it as a separate package instead, I'll
test putting it on alioth.  I've been meaning to learn the CVS debian
packaging tools for some time anyway.

If you have a dire need for this and can't wait, I'll make what I have
available by request.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.