Re: Orphaning my packages

Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
Also, he seems to have no official status whatsoever; if he's serious
about wanting to maintain stuff, he is welcome to go through the NM
process.

Part of the NM process can be packaging by way of a sponsor. I would guess that it's common for a person's advocate (required to begin the NM process) to be a developer who sponsored one of his packages. So I think you have the order of gaining packaging experience and going through the NM process confused.

If you have an interest in the package in question, why not offer to sponsor it for him?

--
http:// if   l .o  /