Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Saturday 24 May 2003 00:43, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> * The rest of the world is sick to death of US imperialism;
>
> * The US government ignores world opinion and does it's thing;
>
> * The rest of the world puts pressure on the US people to change things,
> since they've at least got half a chance to make changes;
>
> * The US people make the change, or live with the consequences of not
> changing.

Considering this -> http://www.newamericancentury.org/ , do you really think
something can change before a government change in the US ? (hint: take a
look at the names in the page "Statement of Principles")
And considering how Bush was elected [1] [2], do you really think a real
government change can happen ?

Mike

[1]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060392452/ref=pd_gw_qpt_1//103-6886560-6531804?v=glance
[2]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1573929727/qid=1053855921/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6886560-6531804?v=glance&s=books

--
"I have sampled every language, french is my favorite. Fantastic language,
especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de