Re: Accepted directory-administrator 1.3.5-1 (i386 source)

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 09:51:33PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > Admin installs from cd.  Admin runs programs.  Admin finds something he thinks
> > is a bug.  Admin reads changelog to see if the bug existed previously.
>
> hmm.. why would he do that?

Because I consider that standard debugging procedure.  Always see if the
symptoms you are seeing are similiar to something that has happened in the
past.

Bugs tend to cluster around small bits of code.  Ie, the vast majority of code
tends to be relatively bug free, and a small amount of code has the highest
concentration of bugs.  So looking for similiar bugs in a software program's
history can clue one in on how to fix new bugs.