Re: Debian Wiki

Hiya Debian,

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:24:54PM -0500, michael d. ivey wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Debian Wiki (http://wiki.debian.net) is
> back online, and should stay that way.
[..]

Am I missing something or is there no diff/version control functionality?
Does this mean there is no version control of pages or just that it's
hidden from users?

*looks*

Hmm, actually looking at the code it looks like there isn't any version
control at all.

Isn't this rather open to abuse then?

One of the advantages of wikis for me has been their resilience to
stupid attacks like people adding spam-type pictures/text to pages.
It's easy to undo these changes by going back to a previous version,
editting it and saving it over the top or just looking at the diff and
removing the spam content.  And being able to access the diffs directly
from RecentChanges has always been of great use to be in moderating
content for such attacks.

Is this a change which will occur soon in Kwiki?  If not might you be
better off using something else?

For what it's worth, I'm using moin[0] which is easily extendable if you
know python though even though I didn't I managed to cobble some code
together for it.

Simon.

[0] moin.sf.net is the project pages and
    http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/ is the real wiki

--
* "I got everything up to the part about `Now listen closely'" -    *
| The Cat.                                                          |