Re: security in testing

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 08:57:13AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:24:51PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > already fixed there.  They should go into a security update repository, just
> > > as is done for stable, but not on security.debian.org.
> > Why not? It's already there.
> > #Security
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
> This is a remeniscent (sp?)

"remnant", probably. "reminiscent of" means "similar to".

> from the time woody testing and *frozen*
> (frozen is a near stable state with little fluctuation).  It is not
> supported currently.

That misses the point, I think: Matt was saying "it should go into a
security update repository, just not on security.debian.org", and Mike
was asking "why not?". "We don't currently do it" isn't an answer to
that question.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''