Re: security in testing

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:06:25PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	The problem is finding competent volunteers to do the work.

I must have missed that post to debian-devel-announce where the security
guys call for responsible people to get on the team then.

I mean, nothing wrong with trying to step up to prospective DDs and
privately, behind the curtain, asking them: "Hey, we need help and you
know your stuff. Wouldn't you like to work for the sec-team?" I know
NM-Front-Desk does this trying to get future AMs. But I haven't even
noticed the slightest action by the sec-team in this regard.

If a member of the sec-team says "Yes, we are actively trying to find
new members, but finding competent and responsive people who have the
time and will to help is very difficult", then I'm happy and shut up.

But otherwise, I consider the current stance of the security-team on
this issue as "We don't care about testing and we've got more important
things to do with our time anyway. Go away."

Michael

--
<solomon> whenever i come in here, it feels like #d-d is frozen in time
        forever