Re: libpng clarification

>> Josselin Mouette <josselin.mouette@ens-lyon.org> writes:

 > Q: Why don't we just say goodbye to binary-compatibility with other
 > distros on those few corner cases ?
 > A: I'm not against that, but some people in the project seem to be.
 > Anyway, this is certainly not a move we can make without thinking.

 The question is binary compatibility with which distribution?  And
 which version of it?  The lastest version of SuSE links gdk-imlib1
 (libimlib-png.so more specifically) against libpng.so.3.  Is not as if
 SuSE really cares about this sort of thing (as a matter of fact, they
 tend to botch it).  I don't have access to RH installation at the
 moment.

 I'm not arguing against this, I'm just wondering how much time we
 should invest in something which doesn't seem to be _that_ well
 defined.

--
Marcelo             | On Earth, No-one Can Hear You Say "Um".
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)