Re: Emacs - Ispell problem with i[no]german dictionary

En réponse à Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>:

> On Thu, 8 May 2003, Agustin Martin Domingo wrote:
>
> > Such problems seem to be related to the black magic emacs and
> ispell.el
> > do to handle multibyte characters.
> Probably.  This brings also the issue up into my mind that if I cut a
> certain piece of text inside a browser and try to paste it into an
> emacs
> buffer all umlauts will be prepended by a sequence like
> ^[%/1??iso8859-15^B .
> If I want to save files containing those sequences (or even if I removed
> this
> crop) I will be asked:
>
>    Select coding system (default utf-8):
>
> The problem is that there seems to be no chance to get the text stored
> as
> plain ASCII-Text (LaTeX or HTML document) and this is a *really*
> boring
> missfeature in my opinion which I would love to get rid of.

Andreas, are you sure that this isn't a unification problem
between iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-15, that is, you're trying to
paste a iso-8859-15 text into a iso-8859-1 encoded buffer.

Emacs 21.3 now automatically provides such unification
without any prior configuration (I don't know about Xemacs).

My 2 eurocents.

--
Jérôme Marant